Sunday, November 30, 2008
And it came to pass. . . not to stay
It is the same as saying "this too shall pass, like a kidney stone, but it will pass". Nothing in this life stays for very long. I used to thrive on change. Leaving one place to move on to the next big adventure was such a thrill. I had a terrible habit of not saving connections with past experiences. They happened and I fondly remember them, but I had moved on. I did not keep in touch with many, if any, people from before. Some people, like my husband, have the ability to keep in touch with lots of people. Now I am here. Trials never pass fast enough. But the good times pass too fast. I have a favorite country song that is on my myspace page. It is "you're gonna miss this". It seems to have taken a chapter out of my life and put it to music. I was always ready to move on to the next thing, never pausing in my climb to enjoy the flowers, and am sort of regretting not taking the time to enjoy it. Now that my oldest is turning 2 years old, I realize that I missed his baby-hood. It was gone sooo fast, and my daughter's is moving even faster. I am certainly going to miss baby-hood. They don't talk back, and are always glad to see me. Right now my happiest recent memory is the three days spent in the hospital after Danielle was born. I had no worries and no where to be. I could just enjoy my baby and my husband's company. It was sooo peaceful. but it too passed. and now life is hectic: again. So I am trying to focus more on enjoying the present, the good things about it anyway; and let the trials and the bad things pass. . .because they won't stay for very long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment