I realize I haven't written in a very very very long time. But I thought I should write this down. Saturday my family and I were up in Salt Lake, which if you know us, you know doesn't happen frequently. We went to Hogle Zoo with Aunt Jamie and had a blast! I am not sure who enjoyed it more; Chris or Joe! Well, as we were coming down the hill to get to the freeway and go home, both children having fallen asleep before we had gotten from the Zoo to 13th east, I suddenly desperately craved a Cumming Studio Chocolate. And not just any chocolate, but a delectable chocolate covered raspberry cup. ymmmmm. Unfortunately we could only scrounge up about $1.50 from our pockets, my purse, and the car.
I went in anyway to see what I could do. I didn't expect anybody I knew to be there cause it was a Saturday, but in my desperation, I had forgotten that it was the Saturday before Mother's Day; a very busy day for any candy shop. This is what happened. A clerk asks what I would like. I ask how much raspberries are these days. She weighs one: $2.10. Yeah, I was pretty bummed, cause even though I used to work there, I don't expect perks from clerks I don't know.
However, to my great surprise and pleasure, Belinda came around the corner right then. We did the usual "what the heck are you doing here" and then she asked what I was getting. I told her I wanted a raspberry, but didn't have the funds, so she picked it up and handed it to me. HAHAHAHA totally made my day. She asked about my family, and I told her they were waiting out in the car. Then she totally disappeared. I talked to a lot of others I knew. Jo, Lorana, Ruth, Oscar, Marion (of course), even Colleen was there. Then I went in search of Belinda to say good bye, but was unable to find her anywhere. Then I thought she had gone out to talk to Chris. I was right. She told me what had happened. (and this is where it gets good)
Explanation: at Cummings Studio Chocolates you get a free sample chocolate with every purchase. however, as a clerk, you NEVER EVER give out chocolate covered fruit as a sample. EVER! It would be "OFF with her head", and so forth. BIG trouble.
Well, apparently some other clerk (maybe even Ruth, but I didn't say that), saw Belinda hand me the raspberry and went and tattled to Marion. Belinda was telling Marion that I was here, and Marion looked right at the clerk and says "well, what's wrong with That?" HAHAHAHA. I win. AND Marion told Belinda to send me home with half a dozen raspberries on top of the one I already had, AND half a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I win again. Man it pays to have worked there. It was such a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Plus I felt on top of the world that Marion would remember me. I mean it was Aug. 2004 - Aug. 2005 that I worked there for crying out loud! Almost 4 years ago.
I never know how to end these things. Conclusions were my weakest point in writing my whole life. I love Chocolate, and I love my friends that I made while working there. The End
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment